Monday, July 21, 2008

Biking Portland

When I was visiting Ericka a couple months ago we rented bikes and rode downtown and around the waterfront. It was quite lovely and a lot of fun, so ErinPDX asked me to do a post on riding in Portland.

The city is extremely bike friendly. There are dedicated lanes and new "green boxes" in much of the heart of the city and paths all over the place. If you want to explore by bicycle, first grab a map that shows all the different types of roads and even indicates hills and such at the Office of Transportation. Oregon Online also has information on 5 suggested rides, from easy to difficult and covering a variety of terrain.

If you don't have an opportunity to bring your own ride, Waterfront Bicycles rents bikes, including tandems! There are also several other establishments scattered about the city that are indicated on the map linked above.

We think it would be awesome if we could get a gang together to go for an EschaConNW Ride. Maybe a midnight ride, or just a tour of The Pearl, or whatever. Anybody game?

ntodd

5 comments:

Buckeye, Dealer of Rare Coins said...

I've not ridden a bike in 20 years. This ought to be fun.

Ali said...

I'm in, of course.

management said...

I'm thinking of bringing my bike on the train. If it's a hot summer night in Portland a bike ride would be really cool.

Also, will there be jamming? I know Erin plays and may be others. Possible jam room?

fokowi said...

thanks for the info, ErinPDX. i'll confirm in a week or so if my schedule works out. look forward to meeting some of you hosers. :)

peace

Sinfonian said...

Bring it. Looks like Saturday is wide open.

You have my number. :) (I mean phone number -- get your minds out of the gutter.)